I am what I eat, and I eat what I love, so… I guess that right now I’m an auto-cannibalistic bowl of cereal with high self-esteem? Huh. The opening lines of P.SO‘s Booth debut may be difficult to wrap one’s head around, but perhaps that’s the point – in the artist’s own words, “[It’s] love over logic, it’s Mind Over Matter” This album inclusion finds the up-and-coming emcee recounting how a simple crush developed into full-blown infatuation, flowing over the spaced-out synth boardwork The Soundmen. Guest emcee Chris Faust (who made his own Booth debut with The Book of Faust last week) once again plays off his allusive stage name on the back end, likening his passion for an adventurous female to a pact with the devil: “Freak broads roleplay, plus she likes it lifelike / Consumed with the dark side, sell my soul for the right price.” For more mind-expanding rhymes from “The Earth Tone King,” check out P.SO’s Moontones LP when it hits stores and online retailers next Tuesday, February 24.
Written by richard on 02/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vintage Clothes" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)