I am what I eat, and I eat what I love, so… I guess that right now I’m an auto-cannibalistic bowl of cereal with high self-esteem? Huh. The opening lines of P.SO‘s Booth debut may be difficult to wrap one’s head around, but perhaps that’s the point – in the artist’s own words, “[It’s] love over logic, it’s Mind Over Matter” This album inclusion finds the up-and-coming emcee recounting how a simple crush developed into full-blown infatuation, flowing over the spaced-out synth boardwork The Soundmen. Guest emcee Chris Faust (who made his own Booth debut with The Book of Faust last week) once again plays off his allusive stage name on the back end, likening his passion for an adventurous female to a pact with the devil: “Freak broads roleplay, plus she likes it lifelike / Consumed with the dark side, sell my soul for the right price.” For more mind-expanding rhymes from “The Earth Tone King,” check out P.SO’s Moontones LP when it hits stores and online retailers next Tuesday, February 24.
Written by richard on 02/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vintage Clothes" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.