When an individual as fresh and fly as P. Watts pulls up in his drop-top, you really can’t get mad when your girl jumps out of your ride and goes home with the South Carolina representative. Actually, on second thought, I’m pretty sure that would make me (and any self-respecting guy) absolutely livid. In any case, listeners willing to suspend disbelief are sure to enjoy new single End of the Night, which finds the Palmetto State spitter hooking up with a few fellow ballers to teach us a crash course in suave stunting. Project collaborator DJ Burn One provides the obligatory silky-smooth instrumental backdrop; over the mixtape heavyweight’s liquid guitar riffs, resonant synth-bells and slow-rolling rhythm section, Watts tutors us on the art of “sexual looting,” in the process showcasing some eminently fresh double-time flows. Booth fave Big K.R.I.T. takes a more laid-back tack on the guest tip, lacing the front with a loving description of his “super fly, candy-coated, chrome-plated” whip. Complete with a soulfully pimpin’ chorus by singer Sean Hayne, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Watts and Burn One’s Element of Surprise LP, released Oct. 25 and out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/26/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.