When an individual as fresh and fly as P. Watts pulls up in his drop-top, you really can’t get mad when your girl jumps out of your ride and goes home with the South Carolina representative. Actually, on second thought, I’m pretty sure that would make me (and any self-respecting guy) absolutely livid. In any case, listeners willing to suspend disbelief are sure to enjoy new single End of the Night, which finds the Palmetto State spitter hooking up with a few fellow ballers to teach us a crash course in suave stunting. Project collaborator DJ Burn One provides the obligatory silky-smooth instrumental backdrop; over the mixtape heavyweight’s liquid guitar riffs, resonant synth-bells and slow-rolling rhythm section, Watts tutors us on the art of “sexual looting,” in the process showcasing some eminently fresh double-time flows. Booth fave Big K.R.I.T. takes a more laid-back tack on the guest tip, lacing the front with a loving description of his “super fly, candy-coated, chrome-plated” whip. Complete with a soulfully pimpin’ chorus by singer Sean Hayne, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Watts and Burn One’s Element of Surprise LP, released Oct. 25 and out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/26/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.