Already a Platinum-selling heavyweight in his native New Zealand, Auckland producer P-Money is getting ready to go international with the release of his senior album and U.S. debut. On project lead single Welcome to America, the beatsmith comes together with two representatives of the East Coast underground to celebrate his transition Stateside. Flowing over the beatsmith’s fluttering strings and head-noddable rhythm section, Duck Down labelmate Skyzoo opens the record on a braggadocious note, before handing the mic to Mobb Deep‘s Havoc for a look at the darker side of the American experience. Gratitude has yet to receive a release date from the label brass, but The DJBooth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Records/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break It Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.