Already a Platinum-selling heavyweight in his native New Zealand, Auckland producer P-Money is getting ready to go international with the release of his senior album and U.S. debut. On project lead single Welcome to America, the beatsmith comes together with two representatives of the East Coast underground to celebrate his transition Stateside. Flowing over the beatsmith’s fluttering strings and head-noddable rhythm section, Duck Down labelmate Skyzoo opens the record on a braggadocious note, before handing the mic to Mobb Deep‘s Havoc for a look at the darker side of the American experience. Gratitude has yet to receive a release date from the label brass, but The DJBooth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Records/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break It Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.