Already a Platinum-selling heavyweight in his native New Zealand, Auckland producer P-Money is getting ready to go international with the release of his senior album and U.S. debut. On project lead single Welcome to America, the beatsmith comes together with two representatives of the East Coast underground to celebrate his transition Stateside. Flowing over the beatsmith’s fluttering strings and head-noddable rhythm section, Duck Down labelmate Skyzoo opens the record on a braggadocious note, before handing the mic to Mobb Deep‘s Havoc for a look at the darker side of the American experience. Gratitude has yet to receive a release date from the label brass, but The DJBooth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Records/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break It Down" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.