Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Previous singles off New Zealand beatsmith P-Money‘s Stateside debut set have been primarily serious in tone. The lead effort dealt with the dark side of the American Dream, and the most recent song release found M.O.P.‘s Billy Danze and Lil Fame demonstrating why they’re The Hardest in the game. Don’t be fooled, though; the man does know how to kick back and have a good time. On the newly-released Celebration Flow, he does he just that, linking up with R&B singer Aaradhna and hip-hop veteran Talib Kweli (fresh off the release of his Prisoner of Conscious LP) to craft an upbeat ode to the end of the work week. While Kweli can’t resist getting a little intellectual on his closing verse, the record’s overall tone is refreshingly smooth and carefree. Fans can find Celebration Flow, along with all of the aforementioned jams, on Gratitude, dropping May 21, via Duck Down.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view P-Money’s Luke Choi-directed Celebration Flow visual.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Records/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to America" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label