Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Previous singles off New Zealand beatsmith P-Money‘s Stateside debut set have been primarily serious in tone. The lead effort dealt with the dark side of the American Dream, and the most recent song release found M.O.P.‘s Billy Danze and Lil Fame demonstrating why they’re The Hardest in the game. Don’t be fooled, though; the man does know how to kick back and have a good time. On the newly-released Celebration Flow, he does he just that, linking up with R&B singer Aaradhna and hip-hop veteran Talib Kweli (fresh off the release of his Prisoner of Conscious LP) to craft an upbeat ode to the end of the work week. While Kweli can’t resist getting a little intellectual on his closing verse, the record’s overall tone is refreshingly smooth and carefree. Fans can find Celebration Flow, along with all of the aforementioned jams, on Gratitude, dropping May 21, via Duck Down.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view P-Money’s Luke Choi-directed Celebration Flow visual.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Records/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to America" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.