When I saw Fashawn was part of the latest effort from P-Money, the title had me thinking the song was either a smokers’ anthem or featured a more traditional vibe, as Fash likes to Break It Down both onstage and when it comes to weed. Well, as it turns out, the record is a little of both. P’s production has a definite old-school, swinging vibe thanks to a small horn section and quick, subtle drumming. Fash and fellow guest emcee Freddie Gibbs Break It Down on the mic, showcasing two very different styles that will appeal to those who favor crisp, traditional bars over more stoner-friendly rhymes. While Gibbs has a deep, slurring delivery, Fashawn employs a higher-pitched, more pronounced flow. This effort can be found on the New Zealand DJ/producer’s forthcoming album, Gratitude, which is scheduled to drop late next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/13
Following his recent success working with Universal/Republic newcomer Aaradhna (see "Wake Up"), New Zealand producer P-Money has released his first full-length album, Gratitude, and is offering the set for exclusive stream at...
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Records/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to America" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.