When I saw Fashawn was part of the latest effort from P-Money, the title had me thinking the song was either a smokers’ anthem or featured a more traditional vibe, as Fash likes to Break It Down both onstage and when it comes to weed. Well, as it turns out, the record is a little of both. P’s production has a definite old-school, swinging vibe thanks to a small horn section and quick, subtle drumming. Fash and fellow guest emcee Freddie Gibbs Break It Down on the mic, showcasing two very different styles that will appeal to those who favor crisp, traditional bars over more stoner-friendly rhymes. While Gibbs has a deep, slurring delivery, Fashawn employs a higher-pitched, more pronounced flow. This effort can be found on the New Zealand DJ/producer’s forthcoming album, Gratitude, which is scheduled to drop late next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
Dawn Raid Ent/Dirty Records/Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to America" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.