It’s never a bad idea to hit a home run on your debut Booth feature. After all, your want our readers to fiend for more of your work. On his maiden voyage on our homepage newcomer P. Genz doesn’t just hit a home run. He cranks a Frank Thomas-sized Grandslam. The Jersey native begins his at bat by stepping to the plate to take on producer Wyze Intellect‘s funky, vintage boardwork, which is driven by a wailing horn loop. Genz’ flow is best described as a base runner who can both fly around the bases and enjoy a leisurely home run trot; it can be both spry and assertive, while also being charismatic and loose. For more from this future all-star, be sure to check out his Ear Pleasures album, available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.