It’s never a bad idea to hit a home run on your debut Booth feature. After all, your want our readers to fiend for more of your work. On his maiden voyage on our homepage newcomer P. Genz doesn’t just hit a home run. He cranks a Frank Thomas-sized Grandslam. The Jersey native begins his at bat by stepping to the plate to take on producer Wyze Intellect‘s funky, vintage boardwork, which is driven by a wailing horn loop. Genz’ flow is best described as a base runner who can both fly around the bases and enjoy a leisurely home run trot; it can be both spry and assertive, while also being charismatic and loose. For more from this future all-star, be sure to check out his Ear Pleasures album, available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.