It’s almost April and the ground (in Maryland, at least) is still covered in snow. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper. No warm weather, no blasting music with the windows down and no leaves and foliage. I guess the only kind of Flowers I have right now are the kind P-Fly supplies on his debut feature on our pages. The title “Flowers” might lead you to expect a catchy, vibrant cut, but instead this Booth newcomer opts for a more no-nonsense, bare-bones approach. HDxMulla establishes a slightly grungy, minimalist vibe behind the boards, crafting a simple, yet effective looped beat. A straightforward approach is near-perfect for P.Fly, who peppers the instrumental with an unwavering, brash flow and some seriously potent lyrical poetry. If your love for this New York native has blossomed thanks to Flowers, you should keep an eye out for his upcoming, unscheduled mixtape, Reign.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.