It’s almost April and the ground (in Maryland, at least) is still covered in snow. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper. No warm weather, no blasting music with the windows down and no leaves and foliage. I guess the only kind of Flowers I have right now are the kind P-Fly supplies on his debut feature on our pages. The title “Flowers” might lead you to expect a catchy, vibrant cut, but instead this Booth newcomer opts for a more no-nonsense, bare-bones approach. HDxMulla establishes a slightly grungy, minimalist vibe behind the boards, crafting a simple, yet effective looped beat. A straightforward approach is near-perfect for P.Fly, who peppers the instrumental with an unwavering, brash flow and some seriously potent lyrical poetry. If your love for this New York native has blossomed thanks to Flowers, you should keep an eye out for his upcoming, unscheduled mixtape, Reign.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)