Although they hail from Los Angeles, OverDoz invokes the mid-90s Chicago cruising classic Po Pimp (by Do or Die) in their latest single, Dear God. The Futuristiks’ slow, haunting melody, underscored by a rolling bassline and dreamy vocals, coupled with the crew’s quick, punctuated delivery is a winning combo. Whether you’re a believer who appeals to a higher power, or a skeptic who defers to logic and reason, it’s hard to front on this musical manifestation of life’s existential questions. Fans can be on the lookout for a new album from OverDoz, coming in early 2013, while those in need of a OverDoz refresher course can stream and download their last project, Live For, Die For, via The DJBooth.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 11/13/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll Up" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)