Although they hail from Los Angeles, OverDoz invokes the mid-90s Chicago cruising classic Po Pimp (by Do or Die) in their latest single, Dear God. The Futuristiks’ slow, haunting melody, underscored by a rolling bassline and dreamy vocals, coupled with the crew’s quick, punctuated delivery is a winning combo. Whether you’re a believer who appeals to a higher power, or a skeptic who defers to logic and reason, it’s hard to front on this musical manifestation of life’s existential questions. Fans can be on the lookout for a new album from OverDoz, coming in early 2013, while those in need of a OverDoz refresher course can stream and download their last project, Live For, Die For, via The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll Up" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!