Although they hail from Los Angeles, OverDoz invokes the mid-90s Chicago cruising classic Po Pimp (by Do or Die) in their latest single, Dear God. The Futuristiks’ slow, haunting melody, underscored by a rolling bassline and dreamy vocals, coupled with the crew’s quick, punctuated delivery is a winning combo. Whether you’re a believer who appeals to a higher power, or a skeptic who defers to logic and reason, it’s hard to front on this musical manifestation of life’s existential questions. Fans can be on the lookout for a new album from OverDoz, coming in early 2013, while those in need of a OverDoz refresher course can stream and download their last project, Live For, Die For, via The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll Up" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.