Although the latest single from the South Central crew who brought us December actually hit the ‘net on December 28, we in the Booth made an executive decision to hold off till the New Year, for fear that our readers might overdose on… OVERDOZ. That’s right: we weren’t on vacation, we were just, uh, concerned for your safety. In any case, I think listeners will agree that Wanna Know Your Name is some powerfully intoxicating stuff. Backed by aptly-named beatsmith THC‘s aquatic synths and some downright bizarre percussion effects, rappers Creemie, Kent, Sleezy,Tube and guest emcee Casey Veggies game-spit their way through bars ranging from smooth and clever (“Started out ballin’, I’m Ron Artest”) to straight-up freaky (“I’m bout to make that coochie burp”). Topped off with an uncredited singer’s silky guest vocals, this joint should have fans of far-out grooves eagerly anticipating the release of the crew’s latest project, Live for, Die For. The project has yet to receive a solid release date, but OVERDOZ fans can keep it locked for the latest details.
Written by richard on 01/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll Up" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.