Although the latest single from the South Central crew who brought us December actually hit the ‘net on December 28, we in the Booth made an executive decision to hold off till the New Year, for fear that our readers might overdose on… OVERDOZ. That’s right: we weren’t on vacation, we were just, uh, concerned for your safety. In any case, I think listeners will agree that Wanna Know Your Name is some powerfully intoxicating stuff. Backed by aptly-named beatsmith THC‘s aquatic synths and some downright bizarre percussion effects, rappers Creemie, Kent, Sleezy,Tube and guest emcee Casey Veggies game-spit their way through bars ranging from smooth and clever (“Started out ballin’, I’m Ron Artest”) to straight-up freaky (“I’m bout to make that coochie burp”). Topped off with an uncredited singer’s silky guest vocals, this joint should have fans of far-out grooves eagerly anticipating the release of the crew’s latest project, Live for, Die For. The project has yet to receive a solid release date, but OVERDOZ fans can keep it locked for the latest details.
Written by richard on 01/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)