If you’re looking for some dest music to flip on when you’re getting Dested then you’ve come to the right place, my friend. Oh? You have no clue what “dest” means? Uh… me neither. South Central crew Overdoz certainly aren’t telling, but I have it on good authority that their latest feature, the final leak off their latest street album, fits the above description to a tee. Roosevelt handles productions duties, serving up a glossy, synth-driven beat perfect for chilling outside in the late-afternoon (or fantasizing about chilling outside, if you live ‘round my way). On the lyrical tip, Creemie, Kent, Sleezy and Tube keep thing appropriately light and breezy, inviting listeners to leave their cares behind and just get, well, dested. That, of course, goes double for the ladies, who are welcome – nay, encouraged – to bring a few homegirls along for the ride. Cryptic? Perhaps, but the crew’s laid-back rhymes are undeniably persuasive, and their smooth sung hook is just icing on the cake. If you’re digging this cut, more dope tunes and cutting-edge slang await on Overdoz’ Booth-sponsored Live For, Die For EP, set to hit our Mixtape page next Tuesday, February 15.
Written by richard on 02/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.