If you’re looking for some dest music to flip on when you’re getting Dested then you’ve come to the right place, my friend. Oh? You have no clue what “dest” means? Uh… me neither. South Central crew Overdoz certainly aren’t telling, but I have it on good authority that their latest feature, the final leak off their latest street album, fits the above description to a tee. Roosevelt handles productions duties, serving up a glossy, synth-driven beat perfect for chilling outside in the late-afternoon (or fantasizing about chilling outside, if you live ‘round my way). On the lyrical tip, Creemie, Kent, Sleezy and Tube keep thing appropriately light and breezy, inviting listeners to leave their cares behind and just get, well, dested. That, of course, goes double for the ladies, who are welcome – nay, encouraged – to bring a few homegirls along for the ride. Cryptic? Perhaps, but the crew’s laid-back rhymes are undeniably persuasive, and their smooth sung hook is just icing on the cake. If you’re digging this cut, more dope tunes and cutting-edge slang await on Overdoz’ Booth-sponsored Live For, Die For EP, set to hit our Mixtape page next Tuesday, February 15.
Written by richard on 02/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.