Considering I eat guacamole just about every day, I’m pretty much an avocado expert. Still, I’ve never tasted one quite like OVEOUS’s Black Avocado; he has a flavor all his own. Setting the stage for the Booth newcomer’s smooth, yet forceful flow is borrowed production from Black Milk and Thosh Collins, whose headnodic, synth-based beat is topped off with a dope Sopranos sample. Atop the production, OVEOUS exhibits a demonstrative flow that makes his clever wordplay hit even harder; try not to chuckle when he spits, “Got a lot of weight like Mo’nique doin’ yoga.” Black Avocado is not part of a larger project but, with his sharp flow, I expect Oveous to become a Booth regular very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Platano Ni-ge-re" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.