Considering I eat guacamole just about every day, I’m pretty much an avocado expert. Still, I’ve never tasted one quite like OVEOUS’s Black Avocado; he has a flavor all his own. Setting the stage for the Booth newcomer’s smooth, yet forceful flow is borrowed production from Black Milk and Thosh Collins, whose headnodic, synth-based beat is topped off with a dope Sopranos sample. Atop the production, OVEOUS exhibits a demonstrative flow that makes his clever wordplay hit even harder; try not to chuckle when he spits, “Got a lot of weight like Mo’nique doin’ yoga.” Black Avocado is not part of a larger project but, with his sharp flow, I expect Oveous to become a Booth regular very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Platano Ni-ge-re" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.