Considering I eat guacamole just about every day, I’m pretty much an avocado expert. Still, I’ve never tasted one quite like OVEOUS’s Black Avocado; he has a flavor all his own. Setting the stage for the Booth newcomer’s smooth, yet forceful flow is borrowed production from Black Milk and Thosh Collins, whose headnodic, synth-based beat is topped off with a dope Sopranos sample. Atop the production, OVEOUS exhibits a demonstrative flow that makes his clever wordplay hit even harder; try not to chuckle when he spits, “Got a lot of weight like Mo’nique doin’ yoga.” Black Avocado is not part of a larger project but, with his sharp flow, I expect Oveous to become a Booth regular very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Platano Ni-ge-re" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)