Considering I eat guacamole just about every day, I’m pretty much an avocado expert. Still, I’ve never tasted one quite like OVEOUS’s Black Avocado; he has a flavor all his own. Setting the stage for the Booth newcomer’s smooth, yet forceful flow is borrowed production from Black Milk and Thosh Collins, whose headnodic, synth-based beat is topped off with a dope Sopranos sample. Atop the production, OVEOUS exhibits a demonstrative flow that makes his clever wordplay hit even harder; try not to chuckle when he spits, “Got a lot of weight like Mo’nique doin’ yoga.” Black Avocado is not part of a larger project but, with his sharp flow, I expect Oveous to become a Booth regular very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Platano Ni-ge-re" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.