The Outlawz refuse to fade. More than a decade since we first heard the west coast crew riding with Pac, and more than two years after their last DJBooth feature (‘08s We Want In), emcees Kastro, Young Noble, E.D.I. Mean, and Stormey are once again revving up to release a new album, and they’re in top gear on new single 100 MPH. Featuring a more radio/ladies friendly vibe than hardcore fans may be familiar with, 100 is built on a winding, slowly burning beat courtesy of Cozmo; in other words, it’s just the kind of production
Bun B sounds at home on. The Outlaw foursome follow with some frankly well-traveled “I need a ride or die chick” rhymes, and then the golden-voiced Lloyd jumps in to spread the vocal icing all over this musical cake. The appeal is evident, but will it be enough to once again make The Outlawz a household name? We’ll find out soon. Considering this chronologically oriented write-up, it’s only right that The Outlawz’ upcoming album is titled Perfect Timing and will be dropping, well, whenever the time is right.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/30/10
One Nation Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ridin Down The Freeway ft. Stormey" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.