The Outlawz refuse to fade. More than a decade since we first heard the west coast crew riding with Pac, and more than two years after their last DJBooth feature (‘08s We Want In), emcees Kastro, Young Noble, E.D.I. Mean, and Stormey are once again revving up to release a new album, and they’re in top gear on new single 100 MPH. Featuring a more radio/ladies friendly vibe than hardcore fans may be familiar with, 100 is built on a winding, slowly burning beat courtesy of Cozmo; in other words, it’s just the kind of production
Bun B sounds at home on. The Outlaw foursome follow with some frankly well-traveled “I need a ride or die chick” rhymes, and then the golden-voiced Lloyd jumps in to spread the vocal icing all over this musical cake. The appeal is evident, but will it be enough to once again make The Outlawz a household name? We’ll find out soon. Considering this chronologically oriented write-up, it’s only right that The Outlawz’ upcoming album is titled Perfect Timing and will be dropping, well, whenever the time is right.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/30/10
Submit your Rating
One Nation Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ridin Down The Freeway ft. Stormey" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)