The Outlawz refuse to fade. More than a decade since we first heard the west coast crew riding with Pac, and more than two years after their last DJBooth feature (‘08s We Want In), emcees Kastro, Young Noble, E.D.I. Mean, and Stormey are once again revving up to release a new album, and they’re in top gear on new single 100 MPH. Featuring a more radio/ladies friendly vibe than hardcore fans may be familiar with, 100 is built on a winding, slowly burning beat courtesy of Cozmo; in other words, it’s just the kind of production
Bun B sounds at home on. The Outlaw foursome follow with some frankly well-traveled “I need a ride or die chick” rhymes, and then the golden-voiced Lloyd jumps in to spread the vocal icing all over this musical cake. The appeal is evident, but will it be enough to once again make The Outlawz a household name? We’ll find out soon. Considering this chronologically oriented write-up, it’s only right that The Outlawz’ upcoming album is titled Perfect Timing and will be dropping, well, whenever the time is right.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/30/10
One Nation Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ridin Down The Freeway ft. Stormey" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.