With rumors circulating that Andre 3000 and Big Boi would part ways shortly after the theatrical release of their film Idlewild, its soundtrack offered the blatantly ironic single, Hollywood Divorce. Though their spilt wouldn’t come as a shock to anyone, it would be quite shocking if true Outkast fans don’t find this single to be a classic throwback. Lil’ Wayne and Snoop Dogg spit features verses and both know a thing or two about divorce. Lil’ Wayne of course had a falling out with his former group, The Hot Boys, and Snoop Dogg forced his hand out of relationships with both his former labels (Death Row and No Limit).
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"International Players Anthem ft. Outkast" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.