Few artists are as attuned to the rhythms of everyday life as Outasight; whether you’re scrambling to pack as much productive activity as possible into 24 hours, or taking a moment to blow off steam, the Booth fave has a record to fit the circumstance. New promo single Tonight Is the Night? As you may have guessed, it’s exquisitely crafted for those evenings when the responsibilities of of workaday life relax their hold, and you can finally let loose without worrying about the morning to come. Cook Classics and Matthew Masurka handle production duties, cooking up an exhilarating, 80’s-informed synth backdrop guaranteed to get bodies moving—or at least inspire some toe-tapping/head-nodding, if you happen to be sitting at a computer desk. For his part, Outasight sounds positively amped, exulting in the rewards of his grind and announcing that, ”Impossible don’t exist” Of course, I’d be feeling on top of the world, too, if my record was being heard by viewers nationwide as part of Pepsi’s latest ad campaign—if you haven’t caught the Who’s Next spot while watching last week’s X Factor premiere, you can peep it here. In addition, those digging this exhilarating jam can cop it now via iTunes.
Written by richard on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.