Longtime Booth fave Outasight may no longer be with Warner Bros., but he regards that less as a setback than a momentary detour on his way to the top. On new single The Come Up (not to be confused with G-Unit‘s recent, almost identically-titled promo cut), the eclectic pop phenom makes clear that he’s still far from the peak of his musical career. Like its predecessor, Anchor Down, this cut departs from the sunny pop stylings of Outasight’s past singles, but this time ‘round the vibe is considerably more gritty and aggressive. Constant collaborator 6th Sense backs the artist’s defiant, yet positive-minded bars with a relentless, percussion-driven beat that calls to mind Kanye‘s Black Skinhead (as does Outasight’s distorted screaming on the back). Chasing a Ghost is slated to drop October 28, via indie label RPM MSC. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for more fresh song releases.
Written by richard on 08/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.