Last month, Booth fave Outasight unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Stay Gold EP. In addition to the previously-featured Hell Yea, the project came complete with Tapedeck Blues, a wistful reflection on the emcee, singer and songwriter’s lifelong love affair with music. Newly-selected as the set’s latest single, this Futuristics-produced cut finds Outasight harking back to his days as a preteen mixtape fiend, and shouting-out a few of the classic artists that peopled his playlists. (As you might guess, the selections are eclectic; Public Enemy rubs shoulders with Sublime and the Smashing Pumpkins). Joey Angerone plays up the song’s young-love theme in his nostalgia-drenched official visuals. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the full EP for free in The DJBooth!
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.