Last month, Booth fave Outasight unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Stay Gold EP. In addition to the previously-featured Hell Yea, the project came complete with Tapedeck Blues, a wistful reflection on the emcee, singer and songwriter’s lifelong love affair with music. Newly-selected as the set’s latest single, this Futuristics-produced cut finds Outasight harking back to his days as a preteen mixtape fiend, and shouting-out a few of the classic artists that peopled his playlists. (As you might guess, the selections are eclectic; Public Enemy rubs shoulders with Sublime and the Smashing Pumpkins). Joey Angerone plays up the song’s young-love theme in his nostalgia-drenched official visuals. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the full EP for free in The DJBooth!
Written by richard on 09/12/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.