Last month, Booth fave Outasight unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Stay Gold EP. In addition to the previously-featured Hell Yea, the project came complete with Tapedeck Blues, a wistful reflection on the emcee, singer and songwriter’s lifelong love affair with music. Newly-selected as the set’s latest single, this Futuristics-produced cut finds Outasight harking back to his days as a preteen mixtape fiend, and shouting-out a few of the classic artists that peopled his playlists. (As you might guess, the selections are eclectic; Public Enemy rubs shoulders with Sublime and the Smashing Pumpkins). Joey Angerone plays up the song’s young-love theme in his nostalgia-drenched official visuals. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the full EP for free in The DJBooth!
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.