Last month, Booth fave Outasight unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Stay Gold EP. In addition to the previously-featured Hell Yea, the project came complete with Tapedeck Blues, a wistful reflection on the emcee, singer and songwriter’s lifelong love affair with music. Newly-selected as the set’s latest single, this Futuristics-produced cut finds Outasight harking back to his days as a preteen mixtape fiend, and shouting-out a few of the classic artists that peopled his playlists. (As you might guess, the selections are eclectic; Public Enemy rubs shoulders with Sublime and the Smashing Pumpkins). Joey Angerone plays up the song’s young-love theme in his nostalgia-drenched official visuals. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the full EP for free in The DJBooth!
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.