Life sometimes hands us circumstances that demand we sit down, take a breath, and think “what the…?” Although these situations are almost never as intense as flying from the roofs of buildings in a bat suit, or surviving the temperatures on ice planet Hoth, they can certainly be Stranger Than Fiction, a dilemma the always musically adventurous Outasight address on his latest offering. On this stand out single from his new mixtape Further, the NY artist bounces his rhythmic vocals gracefully over an equally uplifting beat supplied from talented Booth favorite 6th Sense. Sight clearly has personal experience with these tough predicaments in life, but he uses the track to show us his take on moving past them, and/or transforming them into dope songs: “But I didn’t grow/ or be the lucky winner on ‘who want to blow up’/ and that’s fine, sh*t happens/ all the trouble makes a better storyline.” If you liked this track from the recently-signed Asylum/Warner artist, check out his mixtape, LRG Presents: Further, and as always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 12/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.