Anyone who’s been a regular reader of the DJBooth knows that Outasight‘s busted his ass to get the Shine he so richly deserves. For those who haven’t followed his career over the course of four-plus years, the Big Apple stalwart takes the opportunity to correct those who would call his success story “overnight:” “It was years in the making, took a whole lot of work, with a whole lot of meetings. / I ain’t never got a callback, [it] never was a drawback / Even with a short stack, I was all in.” Over Big Jerm and E. Dan‘s ebullient boardwork, the freestyle series alumnus is joined on the mic by fellow alt-rap buzzmaker Chiddy, of Chiddy Bang fame. Rex Arrow directs the record’s official visuals. Fans will be able to find this motivational banger and much more on the artist’s debut studio album, Nights Like These, scheduled for release November 27.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.