We’ve all wished, at one point or another, that there were more hours in a day. For those who, like up-and-coming musicians (or yours truly, for that matter) are personally responsible for staying on their grind, that feeling is an almost constant companion. On this promo cut, released to celebrate the artist’s 10,000th Facebook “Like”, NYC repper and long-time Booth fave Outasight chronicles his struggle to pack as much progress as possible into every 24 hours, praying, “I hope this day is never done / no need to see the Setting Sun.” Mike Cash (Executive Producer of Emilio Sparks’ newly-released, Booth-sponsored Scumbino’s Way mixtape) mans the boards, serving up a mellow pop-rock groove to back the freestyle alum as he vividly illustrates the urgency of his hustle: “Are you chartin’ my patience? It’s runnin’ real low as I’m sprintin’ round the bases / Tryin’ to make it home and even up the score before the day is lost and the sun goes off.” While this joint is just a promo single, with the work ethic and determination Outasight showcases here, a new project cant be far off—keep it locked for all the latest details!
Written by richard on 07/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.