“I hope you’re getting yours because I’m getting mine.” You can’t beat the sound that Outasight is putting out right now (I know I wasn’t the only one downloading his latest project Tuesday afternoon), and it just keeps getting better. From his newly-released EP comes Life or Something Like It, an up-tempo track that infuses the rap/R&B style that we’ve come to know and love from the New York native. Backed by a jazzed up production from The Knocks, Outasight works his dual personality again with his quick bars matched only by his ability to belt out a great hook. There are only a few artists in the game that can manage the musical feats that he’s laying down, and you don’t have to look far to notice it. If you’re not already playing this (or something like it) while driving towards the summer weather, do yourself a favor and pick up the man’s five-song Figure 8 EP. Trust me, your ears will thank you.
Written by Sigurd on 04/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.