Every so often an artist comes along that seems like they came straight from another era. Prime example, Outasight, a young emcee/singer whose updated retro soul sound (if you can call it that) has been catching ears at the Booth for a minute now. His ability to string together pop, rock, and hip-hop together is a great thing to listen to, and has Sight quietly becoming a force to be reckoned with. New release It’s Like That is a testament to his talent, using his vocal wits to deliver an enjoyable up-tempo stand alone release. It does make it easier when the production is as original as the artist themselves, thanks to work from Cook Classics and Dana Nielson that bounces with piano lines, vocal samples and uptempo flair. On the mic this isn’t the Freestyle Series alum‘s best lyrical work to date, but it’s more than enough to keep a light track enjoyable for more than a few spins. If you enjoyed It’s Like That, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more from Outasight’s eclectic collection. It’s like that? Oh yes, it’s like that.
Written by Sigurd on 02/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.