Every so often an artist comes along that seems like they came straight from another era. Prime example, Outasight, a young emcee/singer whose updated retro soul sound (if you can call it that) has been catching ears at the Booth for a minute now. His ability to string together pop, rock, and hip-hop together is a great thing to listen to, and has Sight quietly becoming a force to be reckoned with. New release It’s Like That is a testament to his talent, using his vocal wits to deliver an enjoyable up-tempo stand alone release. It does make it easier when the production is as original as the artist themselves, thanks to work from Cook Classics and Dana Nielson that bounces with piano lines, vocal samples and uptempo flair. On the mic this isn’t the Freestyle Series alum‘s best lyrical work to date, but it’s more than enough to keep a light track enjoyable for more than a few spins. If you enjoyed It’s Like That, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more from Outasight’s eclectic collection. It’s like that? Oh yes, it’s like that.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.