Every so often an artist comes along that seems like they came straight from another era. Prime example, Outasight, a young emcee/singer whose updated retro soul sound (if you can call it that) has been catching ears at the Booth for a minute now. His ability to string together pop, rock, and hip-hop together is a great thing to listen to, and has Sight quietly becoming a force to be reckoned with. New release It’s Like That is a testament to his talent, using his vocal wits to deliver an enjoyable up-tempo stand alone release. It does make it easier when the production is as original as the artist themselves, thanks to work from Cook Classics and Dana Nielson that bounces with piano lines, vocal samples and uptempo flair. On the mic this isn’t the Freestyle Series alum‘s best lyrical work to date, but it’s more than enough to keep a light track enjoyable for more than a few spins. If you enjoyed It’s Like That, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more from Outasight’s eclectic collection. It’s like that? Oh yes, it’s like that.
Written by Sigurd on 02/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.