In two weeks, when his major-label debut album is finally sitting on store shelves, you’d better believe Outasight is going to be celebrating—and if the LP’s cover art is an accurate indication of the Big Apple buzzmaker’s everyday lifestyle, his liver can expect to clock some serious overtime hours. Appropriately, the latest song release off the project, standout cut I’ll Drink to That, celebrates the simple pleasure of a libation or five after one’s work is done. Coming on the heels of reader-acclaimed single Shine, this joint sees Outasight momentarily setting aside his “rapper” hat to deliver wistful verses and a singalong chorus over Sterling Fox‘s crossover-courting pop-rock production. The result sounds tailor-made for Friday night at your local college bar. Fans can click here to pre-order Nights Like These in anticipation of its November 27, release via Warner Bros.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Outasight’s Garen Barsegian-directed I’ll Drink To That visuals.
Written by richard on 02/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.