If you were one of the many to assign Outasight and 6th Sense‘s Booth-exclusive Rehearsal Tape freestyle a four or five-star rating, you’ll be happy to hear that the dressiest emcee in the biz has rejoined forces with the NYC rapper/producer for his latest Booth feature. On this newly-released cut off Outasight’s Mick Boogie-presented From There to Hear mixtape, the duo issue an ultimatum to all listening: “Either you’re Rollin’ Wit Me or trick you gotta go.” Outasight is a little more aggressive than usual here, but he manages to talk himself up and trash the competition without abandoning his characteristically playful flow. Though 6th Sense once again whips out the jazz organ on his percussion-driven instrumental and lays down some hook vocals, he doesn’t get to step into the spotlight and showcase the lyrical skills we glimpsed on his Rehearsal Tape guest verse—ah well, maybe next time. From There to Hear drops today, and fans can also look forward to a sophomore album, From Here to Eternity, sometime this year.
Written by richard on 03/16/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.