If you were one of the many to assign Outasight and 6th Sense‘s Booth-exclusive Rehearsal Tape freestyle a four or five-star rating, you’ll be happy to hear that the dressiest emcee in the biz has rejoined forces with the NYC rapper/producer for his latest Booth feature. On this newly-released cut off Outasight’s Mick Boogie-presented From There to Hear mixtape, the duo issue an ultimatum to all listening: “Either you’re Rollin’ Wit Me or trick you gotta go.” Outasight is a little more aggressive than usual here, but he manages to talk himself up and trash the competition without abandoning his characteristically playful flow. Though 6th Sense once again whips out the jazz organ on his percussion-driven instrumental and lays down some hook vocals, he doesn’t get to step into the spotlight and showcase the lyrical skills we glimpsed on his Rehearsal Tape guest verse—ah well, maybe next time. From There to Hear drops today, and fans can also look forward to a sophomore album, From Here to Eternity, sometime this year.
Written by richard on 03/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.