If you were one of the many to assign Outasight and 6th Sense‘s Booth-exclusive Rehearsal Tape freestyle a four or five-star rating, you’ll be happy to hear that the dressiest emcee in the biz has rejoined forces with the NYC rapper/producer for his latest Booth feature. On this newly-released cut off Outasight’s Mick Boogie-presented From There to Hear mixtape, the duo issue an ultimatum to all listening: “Either you’re Rollin’ Wit Me or trick you gotta go.” Outasight is a little more aggressive than usual here, but he manages to talk himself up and trash the competition without abandoning his characteristically playful flow. Though 6th Sense once again whips out the jazz organ on his percussion-driven instrumental and lays down some hook vocals, he doesn’t get to step into the spotlight and showcase the lyrical skills we glimpsed on his Rehearsal Tape guest verse—ah well, maybe next time. From There to Hear drops today, and fans can also look forward to a sophomore album, From Here to Eternity, sometime this year.
Written by richard on 03/16/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.