Yesterday was the first official day of summer and this energetic Outasight remix couldn’t be more fitting. The homies Gigamesh, Danny Daze and Joe Maz (collectively known as DiscoTech) laid down a vivacious foundation for their redux of Outasight’s already danceable Figure 8 and it comes alive all over again. Ironically though, this happy, skip-through-the-daisies sounding song itself addresses some fairly serious subject matter. The seemingly never-ending quest to achieve our goals and the new challenges we often face once we’ve met them. If nothing else, it’s just another reminder to stay on your toes and not get complacent, which is never a bad thing. Even if you’re facing some kind of difficulty, this song will help take your mind off whatever’s irking you, for approximately three and a half minutes. Might as well just say “Eff It” and enjoy.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 06/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)