Yesterday was the first official day of summer and this energetic Outasight remix couldn’t be more fitting. The homies Gigamesh, Danny Daze and Joe Maz (collectively known as DiscoTech) laid down a vivacious foundation for their redux of Outasight’s already danceable Figure 8 and it comes alive all over again. Ironically though, this happy, skip-through-the-daisies sounding song itself addresses some fairly serious subject matter. The seemingly never-ending quest to achieve our goals and the new challenges we often face once we’ve met them. If nothing else, it’s just another reminder to stay on your toes and not get complacent, which is never a bad thing. Even if you’re facing some kind of difficulty, this song will help take your mind off whatever’s irking you, for approximately three and a half minutes. Might as well just say “Eff It” and enjoy.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 06/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.