Leave it to Big Apple phenom (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) Outasight to release a track called Dear Heartache… that’ll have listeners grinning and nodding along by the first chorus. The latest leak off the longtime Booth fave’s forthcoming mixtape finds him once again teaming up with production partner 6th Sense to defy expectations with a musical concoction as pop-appealing as it is left-of-center. Backed by understated, shuffling percussion and sunny African guitar riffs, the artist paints a laid-back lyrical portrait of solitary-weekend ennui – you know, when you’ve been running around all week and you finally get that coveted day off, only to realize you have nothing to do and no one to do it with? And before you know it, you’ve wasted the whole day pondering what to do? Yep, it happens to the best of us; as the man himself explains on the hook, “Sometimes, the simple things are the hardest.” Digging this cathartic upbeat banger? You can find plenty more where this came from on Outasight’s Never Say Never mixtape, set to hit the ‘net August 10.
Written by richard on 08/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.