Like another Booth feature today, Jared Evan’s Frozen (Remix), Outasight’s retro-influenced and possibly Leonardo DiCaprio inspired jam Catch Me If You Can first dropped way back in November, and is now getting the remix treatment today with the addition of a guest verse. Here 6th Sense’s classic rock meets big band R&B production remains untouched, as are Outasight’s heavily stylized vocals. The newness here comes in the form of an Asher Roth guest verse, who continues his campaign for Most Improved Emcee with yet another solid and often abstract verse (see Childish Games, F**k the Money, etc. for more). Is it time we started giving Asher his dues as a lyricist, or does he still have a ways to go? Have at it Booth nation. Those lucky enough to be at the SWSW festival can catch Outasight in Austin, while those stuck at home (like yours truly) can only hope to approximate the experience with projects like the Elitaste and Nue Agency Present: Best Of All Worlds SXSW Showcase Mixtape, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.