Like another Booth feature today, Jared Evan’s Frozen (Remix), Outasight’s retro-influenced and possibly Leonardo DiCaprio inspired jam Catch Me If You Can first dropped way back in November, and is now getting the remix treatment today with the addition of a guest verse. Here 6th Sense’s classic rock meets big band R&B production remains untouched, as are Outasight’s heavily stylized vocals. The newness here comes in the form of an Asher Roth guest verse, who continues his campaign for Most Improved Emcee with yet another solid and often abstract verse (see Childish Games, F**k the Money, etc. for more). Is it time we started giving Asher his dues as a lyricist, or does he still have a ways to go? Have at it Booth nation. Those lucky enough to be at the SWSW festival can catch Outasight in Austin, while those stuck at home (like yours truly) can only hope to approximate the experience with projects like the Elitaste and Nue Agency Present: Best Of All Worlds SXSW Showcase Mixtape, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.