Like another Booth feature today, Jared Evan’s Frozen (Remix), Outasight’s retro-influenced and possibly Leonardo DiCaprio inspired jam Catch Me If You Can first dropped way back in November, and is now getting the remix treatment today with the addition of a guest verse. Here 6th Sense’s classic rock meets big band R&B production remains untouched, as are Outasight’s heavily stylized vocals. The newness here comes in the form of an Asher Roth guest verse, who continues his campaign for Most Improved Emcee with yet another solid and often abstract verse (see Childish Games, F**k the Money, etc. for more). Is it time we started giving Asher his dues as a lyricist, or does he still have a ways to go? Have at it Booth nation. Those lucky enough to be at the SWSW festival can catch Outasight in Austin, while those stuck at home (like yours truly) can only hope to approximate the experience with projects like the Elitaste and Nue Agency Present: Best Of All Worlds SXSW Showcase Mixtape, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.