Like another Booth feature today, Jared Evan’s Frozen (Remix), Outasight’s retro-influenced and possibly Leonardo DiCaprio inspired jam Catch Me If You Can first dropped way back in November, and is now getting the remix treatment today with the addition of a guest verse. Here 6th Sense’s classic rock meets big band R&B production remains untouched, as are Outasight’s heavily stylized vocals. The newness here comes in the form of an Asher Roth guest verse, who continues his campaign for Most Improved Emcee with yet another solid and often abstract verse (see Childish Games, F**k the Money, etc. for more). Is it time we started giving Asher his dues as a lyricist, or does he still have a ways to go? Have at it Booth nation. Those lucky enough to be at the SWSW festival can catch Outasight in Austin, while those stuck at home (like yours truly) can only hope to approximate the experience with projects like the Elitaste and Nue Agency Present: Best Of All Worlds SXSW Showcase Mixtape, out now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.