Outasight has been, well, out of sight for a minute now. Not counting a couple guest appearances, his last feature was September 2013’s Tapedeck Blues. Which isn’t to say he’s been slacking off in the intervening year; on the contrary, he’s been diligently laying the groundwork for his second album. Today, we get our first taste of the project in the form of lead single Anchor Down. Released along with an unknown director’s smoky visuals, the record finds Outasight addressing a habitual jump-off over some downtempo, mildly eerie production by constant collaborator 6th Sense. A departure from the high-energy style of much of the artist’s recent work, this cut is sure to get listeners buzzing about the Chasing the Ghost LP, which is scheduled to drop independently this October.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.