Outasight has been, well, out of sight for a minute now. Not counting a couple guest appearances, his last feature was September 2013’s Tapedeck Blues. Which isn’t to say he’s been slacking off in the intervening year; on the contrary, he’s been diligently laying the groundwork for his second album. Today, we get our first taste of the project in the form of lead single Anchor Down. Released along with an unknown director’s smoky visuals, the record finds Outasight addressing a habitual jump-off over some downtempo, mildly eerie production by constant collaborator 6th Sense. A departure from the high-energy style of much of the artist’s recent work, this cut is sure to get listeners buzzing about the Chasing the Ghost LP, which is scheduled to drop independently this October.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Late Night" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.