Sure, this is Otis Clapp‘s first feature on our pages. But, with a strong flow and the help of a Booth regular, he more than makes up for a lack of Booth experience on video single Fiona. Setting the mood on this brash, charismatic cut are co-producers Ricky Vaughn and Millz, who tuck a sped-up vocal sample into a brisk, handclap-heavy rhythm section. The beat’s boldness perfectly matches Otis’s energetic, forceful flow and braggadocious lyricism. His effrontery is rivaled only by that of his guest, Booth regular YC the Cynic. Adding a dash of pop/R&B into the mix, Devo D tops the record off with a smooth, intoxicating sung outro. Fiona is the third single off Clapp’s #ATB LP, dropping digitally later today.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.