NYC rapper/producer Oscar O’Malley likes to call himself the Stoned God and, after a quick listen to debut feature CoKo BaJio, it ain’t hard to see why. Every aspect of the promo single, from the distorted vocal samples floating through his trippy, low-key production to the artist’s free-associative rhyme style, feels like it’s coming to the listener through a thick haze of kush smoke. Lest competitors get it twisted, he supplements the cut’s blunted atmosphere with a healthy dose of lyrical aggression. The artist-directed official visuals, fittingly, depict him with a joint in his left hand and an Uzi in his right. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should stay tuned; I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from this promising up-and-comer in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.