NYC rapper/producer Oscar O’Malley likes to call himself the Stoned God and, after a quick listen to debut feature CoKo BaJio, it ain’t hard to see why. Every aspect of the promo single, from the distorted vocal samples floating through his trippy, low-key production to the artist’s free-associative rhyme style, feels like it’s coming to the listener through a thick haze of kush smoke. Lest competitors get it twisted, he supplements the cut’s blunted atmosphere with a healthy dose of lyrical aggression. The artist-directed official visuals, fittingly, depict him with a joint in his left hand and an Uzi in his right. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should stay tuned; I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from this promising up-and-comer in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.