NYC rapper/producer Oscar O’Malley likes to call himself the Stoned God and, after a quick listen to debut feature CoKo BaJio, it ain’t hard to see why. Every aspect of the promo single, from the distorted vocal samples floating through his trippy, low-key production to the artist’s free-associative rhyme style, feels like it’s coming to the listener through a thick haze of kush smoke. Lest competitors get it twisted, he supplements the cut’s blunted atmosphere with a healthy dose of lyrical aggression. The artist-directed official visuals, fittingly, depict him with a joint in his left hand and an Uzi in his right. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should stay tuned; I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from this promising up-and-comer in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.