NYC rapper/producer Oscar O’Malley likes to call himself the Stoned God and, after a quick listen to debut feature CoKo BaJio, it ain’t hard to see why. Every aspect of the promo single, from the distorted vocal samples floating through his trippy, low-key production to the artist’s free-associative rhyme style, feels like it’s coming to the listener through a thick haze of kush smoke. Lest competitors get it twisted, he supplements the cut’s blunted atmosphere with a healthy dose of lyrical aggression. The artist-directed official visuals, fittingly, depict him with a joint in his left hand and an Uzi in his right. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should stay tuned; I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from this promising up-and-comer in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.