NYC rapper/producer Oscar O’Malley likes to call himself the Stoned God and, after a quick listen to debut feature CoKo BaJio, it ain’t hard to see why. Every aspect of the promo single, from the distorted vocal samples floating through his trippy, low-key production to the artist’s free-associative rhyme style, feels like it’s coming to the listener through a thick haze of kush smoke. Lest competitors get it twisted, he supplements the cut’s blunted atmosphere with a healthy dose of lyrical aggression. The artist-directed official visuals, fittingly, depict him with a joint in his left hand and an Uzi in his right. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should stay tuned; I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from this promising up-and-comer in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.