Oscar Black is on a mission to ambush the music industry, a la 50 Cent. The mixtape award-winning, gangster rap-spitting lyricist from Hartford, CT makes his M.O. clear on Ear to the Streets. After releasing four mixtapes, Oscar is depending on his dark, brazen style and go-hard spirit to bring the streets’ ear to his material. Relo jumps on deck for the piano-laden production on which Oscar lets us know that he’s “hungry like them kids you feed for 50 cents a day.” Oscar Black’s Always Bout a Dollar is now available for online previews.
Written by Erica L. on 07/22/08
Submit your Rating
Cash Squad Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.