On his forthcoming street album, Booth newcomer Orie is set to give the world a little insight into What a Black Man Wants. As he reveals in this newly-leaked cut (making its world premiere here in the Booth!), however, his desires aren’t always in synch with one another – when instant gratification and long-term goals come into conflict, it can be pretty damned difficult to muster up your will power and Walk Away from the situation. Backed by the instantly memorable soul-sampled production of Alex Goose, the St. Louis/Chicago dual representative laments that, though his artistic grind has just begun to bear fruit, he still finds himself getting distracted by persistent females: “It’s hard for a guy to say no when the tip of her thong keeps on showin’, and she’s blowin’ up my line till I notice, but I just wanna make music and stay focused.” It’s a dilemma than every guy can relate to – well, OK, that every guy wishes he could relate to (you wouldn’t believe how difficult it was to get this track review done with shawtys ringing me up every five minutes). For more from this promising up-and-comer, grab a copy of his latest mixtape when it hits the ‘net February 12.
Written by richard on 02/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Winter" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.