On his forthcoming street album, Booth newcomer Orie is set to give the world a little insight into What a Black Man Wants. As he reveals in this newly-leaked cut (making its world premiere here in the Booth!), however, his desires aren’t always in synch with one another – when instant gratification and long-term goals come into conflict, it can be pretty damned difficult to muster up your will power and Walk Away from the situation. Backed by the instantly memorable soul-sampled production of Alex Goose, the St. Louis/Chicago dual representative laments that, though his artistic grind has just begun to bear fruit, he still finds himself getting distracted by persistent females: “It’s hard for a guy to say no when the tip of her thong keeps on showin’, and she’s blowin’ up my line till I notice, but I just wanna make music and stay focused.” It’s a dilemma than every guy can relate to – well, OK, that every guy wishes he could relate to (you wouldn’t believe how difficult it was to get this track review done with shawtys ringing me up every five minutes). For more from this promising up-and-comer, grab a copy of his latest mixtape when it hits the ‘net February 12.
Written by richard on 02/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Winter" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.