Though Orie‘s Booth track record to date consists of just five features, those few joints have painted a surprisingly full portrait of the St. Louis rapper-producer’s personality and mindstate: a young student torn between the demands of college and a desire to prove himself in the music game, the rap hopeful relies on his Twenty-20 artistic vision to guide him as in surmounting the many obstacles in his path. The third and final entry in a series of Booth-exclusive world premieres off his latest project, the title track is a fittingly climactic summation of the themes running through previous leaks. Amping up the tension with piano arpeggios, ominous strings and choral vocals, the artist looks back on the circumstances that he’s risen above to come this far – his low-income background, the soft racism of low expectations… – and braces himself for a final leap of faith. Topped off with C. Rich‘s emotionally-fraught bridge vocals, this joint packs enough drama to leave even the most cynical listeners teetering on the edges of their respective seats. If that sounds like you, try your best to stay balanced till the 25th, when Orie’s Booth-sponsored street album hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 04/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk Away" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.