Stay in school even though your heart’s not in it, or sacrifice (relative) security to pursue music full-time? For many rap hopefuls, this question is one of the most crucial ones they’ll ever have to answer. Well aware of the risks involved, but nonetheless determined to shoot For the Stars, St. Louis emcee Orie pledges that this will be his Last Semester on the latest leak off this forthcoming, Booth-sponsored mixtape. An exclusive world premiere, this pensive cut finds Orie, as usual, showcasing his expertise on both sides of the boards. With his own understated synths and rolling percussion bumping in the background, the Midwest native struggles with self-doubt over his decision: “To them, I am just another black statistic / droppin’ out of college, can’t pass statistics.” In the end, though, he expresses faith that he is that one-in-a-million who’s destined for greatness. Like what you’re hearing? Stay tuned for more exclusive world premieres each Monday leading up to the April 25, arrival of Orie’s Booth-sponsored street album, Twenty-20.
Written by richard on 04/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk Away" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.