Last we heard from Orie, he was fighting for his life, determined to prove his mettle on the Battlefield of the music game. Four months later with nary a Booth feature in the meantime, and fans may be starting to wonder whether the St. Louis native’s fallen under (figurative) enemy fire. Well, worry no longer – making its world premiere on our frontpage, the latest leak off Orie’s long-awaited street album finds the emcee going strong, reaching For the Stars in hopes of someday attaining hip-hop legendhood. Though centered around a different metaphor for the hustle, this joint captures the same determined vibe as the previous cut, with the headliner’s stark guitar harmonics and syncopated percussion setting the stage for bars that drip with steely resolve. Willing to sacrifice everything – except his artistic integrity – for a shot at greatness, this up-and-comer’s got the mindset of a winner (no Charlie Sheen). Those digging this pensive ode to the grind can look forward to another world premiere every Monday leading up to the April 25, release of Orie’s Booth-sponsored street album, Twenty-20.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Orie’s Domi-directed For the Stars visuals.
Written by richard on 02/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk Away" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.