If I were to sit down and write a letter to the coldest season of the year, it would be exactly one line long: “Good riddance.” Fortunately for all of us, Walk Away emcee Orie gets a little more creative than that on Dear Winter, a mixtape track that isn’t so much about chilly weather as it is about the difficulty of staying on your grind when the going gets tough. Alex Goose‘s nostalgia-drenched soul samples forecast sunny skies ahead as the rapper ponders whether to spend his last $40 on food, studio time or paying off his student loans. In spite of the hardships he describes here, Orie ends the cut on a positive note, expressing his faith that his efforts will soon be rewarded: “I can stomach this, and I can stand the rain, ‘cause it won’t be much longer that I feel the pain.” Like what you’re hearing? This reflective track and much more can be found on YNotMyDream Presents “1” , released 4/19 and out now online. Also, fans lucky enough to be in Chicago can catch the artist playing the Metro this Wednesday, April 28.
Written by richard on 04/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk Away" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.