Souls of Mischief emcee Opio and producer Unjust‘s forthcoming collaborative street album may be themed around the Coen Brothers’ cult classic The Big Lebowski, but those who haven’t seen the flick (or who, like me, have had too many White Russians while viewing it to remember the details) should nonetheless find plenty to like in Aggression, the West Coast twosome’s latest mixtape leak and first Booth feature. Here, Unjust serves up a surprisingly un-aggressive, string-sampled instrumental (complete with authentic cuts) as Opio shares some spaced-out ruminations on life, music, and Mary Jane. On the back end, he sends listeners off with a boast and an invitation: “I’m an underground king – come around me, you might learn about things.” What kinds of things, you may ask? You’ll simply have to wait till Mark It Zero hits the ‘net on April 20, to find out. In the meantime, it couldn’t hurt to hold a Lebowski screening in preparation for the project’s release.
Listen to More: Opio and Unjust
Written by richard on 04/1/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)