Souls of Mischief emcee Opio and producer Unjust‘s forthcoming collaborative street album may be themed around the Coen Brothers’ cult classic The Big Lebowski, but those who haven’t seen the flick (or who, like me, have had too many White Russians while viewing it to remember the details) should nonetheless find plenty to like in Aggression, the West Coast twosome’s latest mixtape leak and first Booth feature. Here, Unjust serves up a surprisingly un-aggressive, string-sampled instrumental (complete with authentic cuts) as Opio shares some spaced-out ruminations on life, music, and Mary Jane. On the back end, he sends listeners off with a boast and an invitation: “I’m an underground king – come around me, you might learn about things.” What kinds of things, you may ask? You’ll simply have to wait till Mark It Zero hits the ‘net on April 20, to find out. In the meantime, it couldn’t hurt to hold a Lebowski screening in preparation for the project’s release.
Written by richard on 04/1/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.