Openmic‘s last feature, Another One, hit our front page back in October… of 2011. A lot can change in two-plus years but, after comparing and contrasting the aforementioned cut with the Nashville repper’s latest effort, I can confidently state that his skills have only grown more impressive with time. On Sit Back, single numero tres off his next studio album, he showcases passion and unflappable confidence as he rhymes about his quest to conquer the rap game. On verse two, Chi-town’s GLC grabs the mic to deliver a self-assured guest 16. Gummy Soul lives up to his name—the “soul” part, not the “gummy” part—behind the boards, building his beat from plaintive vocal and brass samples. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; For the Rebels 2 currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"First Day of Summer" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.