Random shapes and non-English characters in their stage names… irregular use of punctuation in song titles… yep, no doubt about it: ?eƒS?und and NiKK? GR?Y are far-out and proud of it. Though the duo’s “Trillawave” style is, indeed, some experimental ish, their left-of-center trappings in no way prepared me for the smoothness of Booth debut Everything.Goes.OUR.Way. New single Lunar.Sun.Light! finds them channeling their innovative style into an even silkier jam. Over RC‘s ebbing and flowing synth instrumental (dig the cowbell!), ?eƒ and NiK trade (respectively) sung and rapped bars, lacing the beat with near-whispered sweet nothings: “We can hide away in my little hideaway, right away, without a flight delay, my little slice of day…” And, as if that weren’t enough, the producer throws us a final curveball in the form of a heavier, beat-switched outro. Cryptic yet undeniably alluring, L.S.L! should be just the thing to get listeners amped for more Love.Shaped.Love.Sounds; if it’s left you intrigued, be sure to cop their latest project when it drops September 11.
Written by richard on 08/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything.Goes.OUR.Way (Metronomy Cover)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.