Random shapes and non-English characters in their stage names… irregular use of punctuation in song titles… yep, no doubt about it: ?eƒS?und and NiKK? GR?Y are far-out and proud of it. Though the duo’s “Trillawave” style is, indeed, some experimental ish, their left-of-center trappings in no way prepared me for the smoothness of Booth debut Everything.Goes.OUR.Way. New single Lunar.Sun.Light! finds them channeling their innovative style into an even silkier jam. Over RC‘s ebbing and flowing synth instrumental (dig the cowbell!), ?eƒ and NiK trade (respectively) sung and rapped bars, lacing the beat with near-whispered sweet nothings: “We can hide away in my little hideaway, right away, without a flight delay, my little slice of day…” And, as if that weren’t enough, the producer throws us a final curveball in the form of a heavier, beat-switched outro. Cryptic yet undeniably alluring, L.S.L! should be just the thing to get listeners amped for more Love.Shaped.Love.Sounds; if it’s left you intrigued, be sure to cop their latest project when it drops September 11.
Written by richard on 08/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything.Goes.OUR.Way (Metronomy Cover)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.