There are certain events so rare that, when they occur, it’s always a special occasion: blue moons, total eclipses, O’Neal McKnight wanting to drink, dance and enjoy the company of a fine female… you know, on second thought, that last one doesn’t really fit. Nonetheless, on his latest promo single, the N.Y.C.-based singer informs a woman he’s got his eye on that there’s simply Something Bout Tonight that’s drawing him towards her. Over Nelly Protools’ energetic, synth-banging club boardwork, McKnight delivers one persuasive sales pitch (“Let’s go to my crib and see how I live: ain’t got no kids, no crazy baby-mama drama…”), complete with a testimonial from hip-hop’s foremost fop; on the back end, Mr. Bentley makes use of the ever-popular high-school analogy, advising a shawty to steer clear of the freshmen and come hang with a “super senior.” Tonight isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but O’Neal McKnight fans can hear a new, exclusive track by the singer on DJBooth’s own Haiti aid mixtape, Rhymes & Rhythm for Relief.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.