There are certain events so rare that, when they occur, it’s always a special occasion: blue moons, total eclipses, O’Neal McKnight wanting to drink, dance and enjoy the company of a fine female… you know, on second thought, that last one doesn’t really fit. Nonetheless, on his latest promo single, the N.Y.C.-based singer informs a woman he’s got his eye on that there’s simply Something Bout Tonight that’s drawing him towards her. Over Nelly Protools’ energetic, synth-banging club boardwork, McKnight delivers one persuasive sales pitch (“Let’s go to my crib and see how I live: ain’t got no kids, no crazy baby-mama drama…”), complete with a testimonial from hip-hop’s foremost fop; on the back end, Mr. Bentley makes use of the ever-popular high-school analogy, advising a shawty to steer clear of the freshmen and come hang with a “super senior.” Tonight isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but O’Neal McKnight fans can hear a new, exclusive track by the singer on DJBooth’s own Haiti aid mixtape, Rhymes & Rhythm for Relief.
Written by richard on 01/24/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.