There are certain events so rare that, when they occur, it’s always a special occasion: blue moons, total eclipses, O’Neal McKnight wanting to drink, dance and enjoy the company of a fine female… you know, on second thought, that last one doesn’t really fit. Nonetheless, on his latest promo single, the N.Y.C.-based singer informs a woman he’s got his eye on that there’s simply Something Bout Tonight that’s drawing him towards her. Over Nelly Protools’ energetic, synth-banging club boardwork, McKnight delivers one persuasive sales pitch (“Let’s go to my crib and see how I live: ain’t got no kids, no crazy baby-mama drama…”), complete with a testimonial from hip-hop’s foremost fop; on the back end, Mr. Bentley makes use of the ever-popular high-school analogy, advising a shawty to steer clear of the freshmen and come hang with a “super senior.” Tonight isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but O’Neal McKnight fans can hear a new, exclusive track by the singer on DJBooth’s own Haiti aid mixtape, Rhymes & Rhythm for Relief.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!