There are certain events so rare that, when they occur, it’s always a special occasion: blue moons, total eclipses, O’Neal McKnight wanting to drink, dance and enjoy the company of a fine female… you know, on second thought, that last one doesn’t really fit. Nonetheless, on his latest promo single, the N.Y.C.-based singer informs a woman he’s got his eye on that there’s simply Something Bout Tonight that’s drawing him towards her. Over Nelly Protools’ energetic, synth-banging club boardwork, McKnight delivers one persuasive sales pitch (“Let’s go to my crib and see how I live: ain’t got no kids, no crazy baby-mama drama…”), complete with a testimonial from hip-hop’s foremost fop; on the back end, Mr. Bentley makes use of the ever-popular high-school analogy, advising a shawty to steer clear of the freshmen and come hang with a “super senior.” Tonight isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but O’Neal McKnight fans can hear a new, exclusive track by the singer on DJBooth’s own Haiti aid mixtape, Rhymes & Rhythm for Relief.
Written by richard on 01/24/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.