Our society’s moving faster with every passing day, and evidence of our accelerated lifestyle can be found pretty much anywhere you look—even on the dancefloor. After all, what’s “grinding” if not a means by which to bypass the woefully inefficient process of, you know, talking to someone, and skip straight to foreplay? O’Neal McKnight knows exactly what I’m talking about—on new single Throw It Back, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the Check Your Coat singer teams up with Bay Area icon Too Short to explore the obvious parallels between getting down and getting it in. While McKnight’s Auto-Tuned vocals and his collaborator’s rapped bars are club-hop gold, it’s Scram Jones and Phoenix’ minor-key synths that make TIB catchier than your average body-moving jam. A song featuring the line “Let’s dance like we’re havin’ sex.” is unlikely to get the OK for high-school dance rotation, but those seeking something a little grown-and-sexier will undoubtedly find it on McKnight’s Prom King LP (which has yet to receive a release date from SRC/Universal Motown).
Written by richard on 08/25/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.