Our society’s moving faster with every passing day, and evidence of our accelerated lifestyle can be found pretty much anywhere you look—even on the dancefloor. After all, what’s “grinding” if not a means by which to bypass the woefully inefficient process of, you know, talking to someone, and skip straight to foreplay? O’Neal McKnight knows exactly what I’m talking about—on new single Throw It Back, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the Check Your Coat singer teams up with Bay Area icon Too Short to explore the obvious parallels between getting down and getting it in. While McKnight’s Auto-Tuned vocals and his collaborator’s rapped bars are club-hop gold, it’s Scram Jones and Phoenix’ minor-key synths that make TIB catchier than your average body-moving jam. A song featuring the line “Let’s dance like we’re havin’ sex.” is unlikely to get the OK for high-school dance rotation, but those seeking something a little grown-and-sexier will undoubtedly find it on McKnight’s Prom King LP (which has yet to receive a release date from SRC/Universal Motown).
Written by richard on 08/25/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.