Our society’s moving faster with every passing day, and evidence of our accelerated lifestyle can be found pretty much anywhere you look—even on the dancefloor. After all, what’s “grinding” if not a means by which to bypass the woefully inefficient process of, you know, talking to someone, and skip straight to foreplay? O’Neal McKnight knows exactly what I’m talking about—on new single Throw It Back, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the Check Your Coat singer teams up with Bay Area icon Too Short to explore the obvious parallels between getting down and getting it in. While McKnight’s Auto-Tuned vocals and his collaborator’s rapped bars are club-hop gold, it’s Scram Jones and Phoenix’ minor-key synths that make TIB catchier than your average body-moving jam. A song featuring the line “Let’s dance like we’re havin’ sex.” is unlikely to get the OK for high-school dance rotation, but those seeking something a little grown-and-sexier will undoubtedly find it on McKnight’s Prom King LP (which has yet to receive a release date from SRC/Universal Motown).
Written by richard on 08/25/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.