Who’da thunk that they would live to hear the day when Heavy D would be mistaken for Roger Troutman? Well, on Champagne Red Lights, the Overweight Lover has linked up with the musical offspring of Michael Jackson and Depeche Mode, O’Neal McKnight, for a reggae-infused new single. On this record off McKnight’s forthcoming debut, Prom 2088, producers Cass & Dubs bring their electronic sound to the island of Jamaica, but with mixed results. Champagne Red Lights, which features the booming voice of Big Ali, will certainly move bodies on the dancefloor, but will it make McKnight’s creativity heard? Transcending age, race, and genre, this new single’s agenda is clear: to get people to dance.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.