Who’da thunk that they would live to hear the day when Heavy D would be mistaken for Roger Troutman? Well, on Champagne Red Lights, the Overweight Lover has linked up with the musical offspring of Michael Jackson and Depeche Mode, O’Neal McKnight, for a reggae-infused new single. On this record off McKnight’s forthcoming debut, Prom 2088, producers Cass & Dubs bring their electronic sound to the island of Jamaica, but with mixed results. Champagne Red Lights, which features the booming voice of Big Ali, will certainly move bodies on the dancefloor, but will it make McKnight’s creativity heard? Transcending age, race, and genre, this new single’s agenda is clear: to get people to dance.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/30/08
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.