Who’da thunk that they would live to hear the day when Heavy D would be mistaken for Roger Troutman? Well, on Champagne Red Lights, the Overweight Lover has linked up with the musical offspring of Michael Jackson and Depeche Mode, O’Neal McKnight, for a reggae-infused new single. On this record off McKnight’s forthcoming debut, Prom 2088, producers Cass & Dubs bring their electronic sound to the island of Jamaica, but with mixed results. Champagne Red Lights, which features the booming voice of Big Ali, will certainly move bodies on the dancefloor, but will it make McKnight’s creativity heard? Transcending age, race, and genre, this new single’s agenda is clear: to get people to dance.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.