Originally featured back in November of ‘08, O’Neal McKnight‘s propulsive, dancefloor-packing Champagne Red Lights was praised by many in the Booth for its energy and creativity. On this sequel/remix, released last weekend, the story is pretty much the same—McKnight puts on his freshest duds, climbs into his whip, and heads to the club for some bottle-popping action—as is Cass & Dubs‘s production; for Pt. II of this epic saga, though, the coat-checking up-and-comer’s brought a brand new pair of high-profile wingmen along for the ride; while EtherBoy Ron Browz takes the record to new heights of Autotuned inebriation on his hard-drinking, single-plugging guest verses, Busta‘s rapid-fire rhymes are arguably this remix’s biggest asset. Regardless, this version is sure to please fans of the original, and may help McKnight’s debut LP, Prom 2088, secure a solid release date.
Written by richard on 03/2/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.