Originally featured back in November of ‘08, O’Neal McKnight‘s propulsive, dancefloor-packing Champagne Red Lights was praised by many in the Booth for its energy and creativity. On this sequel/remix, released last weekend, the story is pretty much the same—McKnight puts on his freshest duds, climbs into his whip, and heads to the club for some bottle-popping action—as is Cass & Dubs‘s production; for Pt. II of this epic saga, though, the coat-checking up-and-comer’s brought a brand new pair of high-profile wingmen along for the ride; while EtherBoy Ron Browz takes the record to new heights of Autotuned inebriation on his hard-drinking, single-plugging guest verses, Busta‘s rapid-fire rhymes are arguably this remix’s biggest asset. Regardless, this version is sure to please fans of the original, and may help McKnight’s debut LP, Prom 2088, secure a solid release date.
Written by richard on 03/2/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.