Originally featured back in November of ‘08, O’Neal McKnight‘s propulsive, dancefloor-packing Champagne Red Lights was praised by many in the Booth for its energy and creativity. On this sequel/remix, released last weekend, the story is pretty much the same—McKnight puts on his freshest duds, climbs into his whip, and heads to the club for some bottle-popping action—as is Cass & Dubs‘s production; for Pt. II of this epic saga, though, the coat-checking up-and-comer’s brought a brand new pair of high-profile wingmen along for the ride; while EtherBoy Ron Browz takes the record to new heights of Autotuned inebriation on his hard-drinking, single-plugging guest verses, Busta‘s rapid-fire rhymes are arguably this remix’s biggest asset. Regardless, this version is sure to please fans of the original, and may help McKnight’s debut LP, Prom 2088, secure a solid release date.
Written by richard on 03/2/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.