Originally featured back in November of ‘08, O’Neal McKnight‘s propulsive, dancefloor-packing Champagne Red Lights was praised by many in the Booth for its energy and creativity. On this sequel/remix, released last weekend, the story is pretty much the same—McKnight puts on his freshest duds, climbs into his whip, and heads to the club for some bottle-popping action—as is Cass & Dubs‘s production; for Pt. II of this epic saga, though, the coat-checking up-and-comer’s brought a brand new pair of high-profile wingmen along for the ride; while EtherBoy Ron Browz takes the record to new heights of Autotuned inebriation on his hard-drinking, single-plugging guest verses, Busta‘s rapid-fire rhymes are arguably this remix’s biggest asset. Regardless, this version is sure to please fans of the original, and may help McKnight’s debut LP, Prom 2088, secure a solid release date.
Written by richard on 03/2/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.