When O’Neal McKnight‘s Check Your Coat first hit the DJBooth this past September, it wasn’t one of the better-reviewed tracks on the site. So what’s different this time around? Cleveland DJ Mick Boogie has remixed the original remix (with Greg Nice as the hype man), but, with a new verse thrown in. Fitting perfectly over the third verse of the song are 16 bars from Nas’ Purple (off The Lost Tapes). This is the second remix to be featured on DJBooth courtesy of Mick Boogie, the other of course is Rick Ross’ The Boss remix which MB assisted with an older verse from Weezy F. Baby.
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.