When O’Neal McKnight‘s Check Your Coat first hit the DJBooth this past September, it wasn’t one of the better-reviewed tracks on the site. So what’s different this time around? Cleveland DJ Mick Boogie has remixed the original remix (with Greg Nice as the hype man), but, with a new verse thrown in. Fitting perfectly over the third verse of the song are 16 bars from Nas’ Purple (off The Lost Tapes). This is the second remix to be featured on DJBooth courtesy of Mick Boogie, the other of course is Rick Ross’ The Boss remix which MB assisted with an older verse from Weezy F. Baby.
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.