When O’Neal McKnight‘s Check Your Coat first hit the DJBooth this past September, it wasn’t one of the better-reviewed tracks on the site. So what’s different this time around? Cleveland DJ Mick Boogie has remixed the original remix (with Greg Nice as the hype man), but, with a new verse thrown in. Fitting perfectly over the third verse of the song are 16 bars from Nas’ Purple (off The Lost Tapes). This is the second remix to be featured on DJBooth courtesy of Mick Boogie, the other of course is Rick Ross’ The Boss remix which MB assisted with an older verse from Weezy F. Baby.
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.