Energetic soul makes a return to the scene with O’Neal McKnight‘s new single, Check Your Coat. In a style which can best be described as a mix of Michael Jackson, Prince, and Usher, McKnight sings about a girl who he has his eye on and wants to get on the dance floor. The classic-sounding production should help make this a sure-shot hit in the clubs and maybe even assist McKnight with a major label deal. Record contract or not, Check Your Coat brings some artsy, wholesome, feel good music into an industry filled with a vast amount of explicit substance.
Written by Burmy on 09/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Check Your Coat (Mick Boogie Rmx) ft. Greg Nice & Nas" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.