Energetic soul makes a return to the scene with O’Neal McKnight‘s new single, Check Your Coat. In a style which can best be described as a mix of Michael Jackson, Prince, and Usher, McKnight sings about a girl who he has his eye on and wants to get on the dance floor. The classic-sounding production should help make this a sure-shot hit in the clubs and maybe even assist McKnight with a major label deal. Record contract or not, Check Your Coat brings some artsy, wholesome, feel good music into an industry filled with a vast amount of explicit substance.
Written by Burmy on 09/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Check Your Coat (Mick Boogie Rmx) ft. Greg Nice & Nas" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.