Energetic soul makes a return to the scene with O’Neal McKnight‘s new single, Check Your Coat. In a style which can best be described as a mix of Michael Jackson, Prince, and Usher, McKnight sings about a girl who he has his eye on and wants to get on the dance floor. The classic-sounding production should help make this a sure-shot hit in the clubs and maybe even assist McKnight with a major label deal. Record contract or not, Check Your Coat brings some artsy, wholesome, feel good music into an industry filled with a vast amount of explicit substance.
Written by Burmy on 09/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Check Your Coat (Mick Boogie Rmx) ft. Greg Nice & Nas" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.