Energetic soul makes a return to the scene with O’Neal McKnight‘s new single, Check Your Coat. In a style which can best be described as a mix of Michael Jackson, Prince, and Usher, McKnight sings about a girl who he has his eye on and wants to get on the dance floor. The classic-sounding production should help make this a sure-shot hit in the clubs and maybe even assist McKnight with a major label deal. Record contract or not, Check Your Coat brings some artsy, wholesome, feel good music into an industry filled with a vast amount of explicit substance.
Written by Burmy on 09/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Check Your Coat (Mick Boogie Rmx) ft. Greg Nice & Nas" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.